Monday, January 28, 2008

Dang it!


Well dang it. A few days ago I was screwing around doing some shadow boxing when POP! I hit my bed frame and broke my left hand. Specifically, the neck of my 5th metacarpal (a.k.a., a "boxer's fracture"). I looked at my hand and saw the knuckle at the base of my pinkie was gone. I went straight to medical, where x-rays confirmed the fracture. I got stuck with a nice big fingers-to-elbow cast that I get to live with for a couple of weeks or so. I'm far enough along in training that it shouldn't get in the way too much or affect my training schedule. It has been quite a pain in the ass to live with already, though. As long as I keep it dry and avoid too much attention from the staff around here, I should stay right on track. It's a minor injury that will be healed well brfore my deployment date at any rate.


No comments: